Thursday, November 8, 2007

Let's open the books!

Anyone who knows me knows that I really can't stand certain individuals who claim to preach about the God of the Bible while actually preaching a message that is contrary to scripture (God wants to give you money) and living a lifestyle that Robin Leach would consider excessive.

Well, it looks like Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa is starting to ask some of these people to open their books to justify their tax-exempt status.

Again, anyone who knows me knows that I am normally opposed to government interfering with anything very much. But, in this case I believe this may be a good thing.

I guess the only thing that frustrates me is the fact that no matter what happens there will always be another group of charlatans and liars ready to fleece the foolish -- and another group of people ready to hand over their cash.

Click here to read Sen. Grassley's press release and copies of the letters he wrote.

2 comments:

James said...

Oh, wait Ken, are you saying that there's nothing to the Church of Prosperity? D'oh!

Denise Saxon said...

"I guess the only thing that frustrates me is the fact that no matter what happens there will always be another group of charlatans and liars ready to fleece the foolish -- and another group of people ready to hand over their cash."

Yeah, and the folks writing the manual on that for the last 7 years would be called The Bush Administration. The people handing over the cash even have a title: Bushies.

And to quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about THAT".

Denise:-)